Saturday, November 15, 2014

Something More.

Honestly, I sometimes question my Faith.
I have received an education that has allowed me to see how it is logical that God exists, and that is logical that the Catholic Church is true.
Still, sometimes I have to think about it a bit on my own.

Even when I'm not reasoning my way to it, it feels like the Universe screams of God's existence.

I really can't explain it; but there's just so much to it.  There's so much to everything.  The universe is of incomprehensible magnitude; atoms are incomprehensibly small.  The amount of things in the world is incomprehensible.
There are a lot of things that are nearly impossible to comprehend.
Somehow, these things exist, and somehow, humankind is able to study them and understand them, use them to his advantage, and work with them.

Existence is immensely broad and rather overwhelming.

It seems that we have everything we should require, as citizens of this fine little speck, propelling its way around the sun at a lot of miles per hour in a lot of miles circumference continually, repeatedly, several bajillion times.

If we have perceived all there is to perceive, what more is there to desire?  If someone has never eaten chocolate, nor knows what chocolate is, can they crave it? If chocolate did not exist, could you desire it? Would it even be possible?

I've never had a million dollars. . . but I desire a million dollars.  I have never had a million dollars to miss possessing, and yet a million dollars sounds like a worthwhile thing to have.

What makes it possible for me to understand what having a million dollars means?  I can see the effects of those who have been in possession of such a sum of money. I can see their situation, and understand it; relating the cause (the money) with the effect (financial security...and fancy cars.)

I desire the effect, and I know the cause, even though I have never possessed it.
Somehow, my intellect works outside the realms of matter to allow me to understand this.
Why do we desire happiness if we have never been in complete, true possession of it?

It must exist, out there, somewhere.  And somehow, we're able to imagine it, but we can't quite grasp it.  It's just outside the realm of tangibility.

I believe that we can know these things because our souls are spiritual, and that there is a spiritual God who made it like this.

So when I think to myself, "there must be more than this," it's because there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment